- Carters Lake is just a few minutes drive away. Carters Lake embraces a spectacular tract of foothills scenery in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Georgia. Its sparkling waters and rugged shoreline provide a beautiful surrounding for a variety of recreational opportunities which include camping, fishing, picnicking, boating, mountain biking and hunting.
- Apple Orchard Alley contains 11 of the county’s 19 orchards and some of the states most picturesque scenery.
- Historic Downtown Ellijay hosts a vast array of antique and gift shops.
- Gilmer Golf and Games offers challenging miniature golf for any age and is located off Hwy 515 in Ellijay on a hillside overlooking the serene Blue Ridge Mountains 706-698-GOLF
- Hillcrest Orchard’s Petting Zoo invites children of all ages to cuddle a wide assortment of baby animals (seasonal).
- Historic Downtown Blue Ridge provides a picturesque setting for a treasure trove of antique shops, the Blue Ridge Train Depot, and the downtown city park.
- Blue Ridge Scenic Railway is an excursion train that runs from Blue Ridge to McCaysville along the scenic Toccoa River.
- Mercier Orchards is one of the largest apple orchards in the Southeast. Located on Hwy.5 in Blue Ridge. Bakery and deli also on premises.
- Swan Drive of Blue Ridge is one of three remaining drive-in theatres in Georgia. The swan offers first run movies year round.
- Horse Back Riding with Adventure Trail Rides secures a reservation for horseback riding in the North Georgia Mountains.
- Spring Creek Anglers for fly casting & fly fishing instruction from basic casting to advanced fly fishing from early October through June.
- White Path Golf Course is located in Ellijay, Georgia for eighteen holes of golf on a beautiful, challenging, mountain golf course. The course is open to the public.
- Chestatee Wildlife Preserve and Zoo has over 100 different species of animals in Dahlonega, Georgia.
- Alpine Village of Helen is nestled in the scenic North Georgia mountains along the banks of the Chattahoochee River. Helen is well-known for its shopping, dining and sporting activities.
- Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga, TN is an experience takes at least two hours and includes admission to two buildings: River Journey and Ocean Journey.
- Historic Town Square of Dahlonega is located in downtown Dahlonega and is registered as a National Historic District.
- Crisson Gold Mine in Dahlonega reopened in 1970 as a hard rock mine. Gold panning is available.
- Fort Mountain State Park in Chatworth contains the ruins of an ancient mountain top stronghold built more than 1000 years ago by Native Americans. The park has facilities for swimming, picnicking, fishing, and hiking.
- Amicalola Falls State Park in Dawsonville has the highest waterfall this side of the Mississippi River. Picnicking and hiking are available.
- Brasstown Bald in Blairsville stands tall as the highest peak in Georgia. The mountain offers spectacular views of four surrounding states. Hiking trails and picnicking are available.
- North Georgia Premium Outlets has 100 stores in one convenient location. Located on Hwy. 400 right out of Dawsonville.
- Burt’s Pumpkin Farm in Dawsonville offers visitors a chance to experience the enchantment of harvest time and the holiday season. Open September 1st - December 30th
- Ellijay Wildlife Rehabilitation Sanctuary is a 50-acre facility that medically cares for all species of orphaned and injured wildlife indigenous to Georgia and the southeast.